We encourage family and friends to visit the baby as often as possible.
The health of our patients is our top priority. Sick and premature infants have very little immunity; therefore infection control is very important to our staff. Below are the guidelines we ask you to follow.
- Visitors must remove all rings, watches, bracelets, and hats.
- All visitors must do a two minute scrub from their finger tips up to their elbows each time you enter the unit. Mothers with IV’s must use hospital approved sanitizer.
- All visitors must be healthy—no colds, fever, illnesses, or recent exposure to contagious diseases.
- All other visitors must be 16 years or older and will be asked to show proof of ID before entering the unit.
- Visitors must be on the visitation list (provided by the parents) and are limited to four people at one time (including the parents) at the baby’s bedside.
- Upon baby’s admission, parents may designate four people who have permission to visit the baby at any time without the parents being present. Parents may also choose not to allow anyone to visit the baby when they are not present.
- Information on the baby’s conditions will only be given to parents.
- After 10 p.m. the hospital is locked and visitors are not permitted to enter the premises except for emergency situations. However, parents are not considered visitors and will be granted access to the hospital through the emergency room entrance.
We only ask that you do not visit during the following times: 6:00-8:00 a.m. and 6:00-8:00 p.m. This is to allow for times in which we are changing shifts and updating our staff on all the babies.
NONDISCRIMINATION NOTICE STATEMENT
West Tennessee Healthcare (WTH) does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, Limited English Proficiency or sex, including discrimination based on gender identity, sexual orientation, sex stereotyping or pregnancy in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by WTH directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which WTH arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
For further information about this policy, contact Amy Garner (731) 541-9914.