The physicians at West Tennessee Gastro evaluate and treat patients with digestive disease symptoms and gastrointestinal disorders. We have the experience and the expertise needed to help you feel better.
Our physicians and staff offer experience and technology for accurate diagnosis. Skyline Endoscopy, a modern, well-equipped outpatient clinic, is located at West Tennessee Gastro so that patients can receive endoscopic procedures for diagnosis or therapy in a convenient setting.
- Abdominal Pain
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Bile Duct Stones and Strictures
- Colon Cancer Prevention
- Colon Polyp Removal
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Liver Disease
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Pancreatitis and Pancreatic Duct Strictures
- Rectal Bleeding
- Swallowing Disorders
- Ulcer Disease
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Palliation of Malignant Strictures
- Unexplained Weight Loss Evaluations
- Achalasia Esophageal Balloon Dilation
- Barrett’s Esophagus Screening
- Bile Duct and Pancreatic Duct Stent Placement
- Bile Duct and Pancreatic Duct Stone Removal
- Bravo Esophageal pH Monitoring
- Breath Testing for GI Diseases
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colonoscopy with or without Polypectomy
- Direct Access Colonoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Endoscopic Treatment of Bleeding
- Esophogeal, Colonic, and Gastrointestinal Dilatation of Strictures
- Esophageal, Enteric, Colonic and Biliary Stent Placement
- Esophageal Manometry
- Esophageal Variceal Band Ligation
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoidal Banding
- Upper Endoscopy and Enteroscopy
Skyline Endoscopy offers patients the convenience of having a colonoscopy and other endoscopic procedures outside of the hospital setting. The center, housed in the West Tennessee Gastro building in Jackson, Tennessee, opened in 2008 and was awarded a three-year term of accreditation from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care Inc. for meeting the association’s high standards of patient care.
Gastroenterologists practicing at West Tennessee Gastro perform procedures at Skyline Endoscopy. They specialize in diagnosing and treating problems of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Endoscopic procedures are done in this outpatient, convenient setting, which is beneficial for both the patient and the staff. The same equipment and same nursing experience as that at the hospital are used at the endoscopy center.
A frequent procedure that is done at the center is a colonoscopy, a procedure done under sedation in which the physician uses a special scope to examine the lining of your large intestine (rectum and colon) for abnormalities and remove any polyps, which are then sent to the pathology lab for analysis.
Other procedures include upper endoscopy to look into the food pipe or esophagus for gastrointestinal reflux disease and its complications, dilation of esophageal strictures to investigate swallowing problems and looking at the stomach and small intestine for ulcers.
High-risk patients and those preferring a hospital setting still can have their procedures done at the hospital.
Before being scheduled for any procedure at the endoscopy center, the patient will first see one of the doctors in the clinic.
The 5,600-square-foot endoscopy center has three procedure rooms and nine pre-op and post-op rooms. Patients enter the center through West Tennessee Gastro’s GI waiting room.
NONDISCRIMINATION NOTICE STATEMENT
West Tennessee Healthcare (WTH) does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, Limited English Proficiency or sex, including discrimination based on gender identity, sexual orientation, sex stereotyping or pregnancy in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by WTH directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which WTH arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
For further information about this policy, contact Amy Garner (731) 541-9914.